"Between 2003 and 2010, jobs in fuel cells grew 10.3% annually, and jobs in electric vehicle technologies grew 6.3%. The average national job growth during this period was 4.2%" (Sizing the Clean Economy)
"Typical wages in the clean economy exceed those in the aggregate U.S. economy by roughly 13 percent" (Sizing the Clean Economy)
"Electric vehicle technologies [...] export roughly $63,000 per job" (Sizing the Clean Economy)
"Approximately 26 percent of all clean economy jobs are involved in manufacturing, compared to just 9 percent of jobs in the economy as a whole" (Sizing the Clean Economy)
"In 2010, U.S. patents awarded for hybrid and electric vehicle technologies reached an all-time high, jumping 60 percent from the year before" (Supplying Ingenuity)
"The U.S. filed more fuel cell patents than any other country [in 2010]" (Fuel Cells in America)
"[There was] $154 billion in private capital invested worldwide in 2010 in renewable energy alone" (Sizing the Clean Economy)
"Manufacturing makes up 59 percent of EV industry jobs and grew 132 percent 2004 to 2010" (Powering Innovation)
"The U.S. market for supply and installation of residential charging points alone is expected to reach almost $1 billion by 2020" (Electric Vehicles: Reducing Foreign Oil Dependence)
"155,000 Americans were employed by suppliers of clean and efficient vehicle components in 2011" (Supplying Ingenuity)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- Statewide Taskforce Releases North Carolina’s First Plug-in Electric Vehicle Readiness Plans Raleigh, NC — February 19, 2013 - The North Carolina Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Taskforce, in collaboration with several statewide partners, today released the state’s first PEV Readiness Plan along with four regional plans. The NC PEV Readiness Plans were created through the NC PEV...
- Toyota celebrates 35 years of research and development in the United States ANN ARBOR, Mich., (Oct. 24, 2012) – Toyota Technical Center (TTC), a division of Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc., will celebrate its 35th Anniversary with team members and executives this week at locations in Michigan, Arizona and California. Toyota Technical...
- Ford Opens New Era at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, Source of 1,200 New Jobs and U.S. Production Home of All-New Fusion Ford celebrates opening of a new era at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, new U.S. production home of the 2013 Ford Fusion as well as the iconic Mustang Supporting its Fusion production growth plans, Ford is adding 1,200 jobs, a second production shift, and investing $555 million, taking full management control of the former AutoAlliance International plant. Upgraded Flat Rock Assembly Plant will feature a state-of-the-art, fully flexible body shop and an upgraded paint shop with an environmentally friendly 3-Wet paint process when production begins in 2013 On sale this fall, the 2013 Fusion offers customers the power of choice with the broadest selection of fuel-efficient powertrains in the midsize car segment.
- Ford Celebrates Production Launch of the Only Front-Wheel- Drive Hybrid Transmission To Be Made in North America Ford’s Van Dyke Transmission Plant adds hybrid transmission capacity thanks to a new, flexible assembly line supporting Ford C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid and Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
- Toyota to Expand Lexus RX Production in Canada $100 Million Investment to Create Approximately 400 North Jobs
- Honda's Indiana Plant to Boost Production Capacity; Add Civic Hybrid Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC (HMIN) announced today that it is investing $40 million to increase annual production capacity by 50,000 units to a total of 250,000 vehicles.
- Dow Kokam to Expand Midland Battery Park with Pack Assembly Plant Clark Construction Company to Manage Design and Construction of Dow Kokam’s Advanced Energy Storage Pack Facility
- Energy Department Announces New Investments in Innovative Manufacturing Technologies Research Partnerships with Private Industry Aim to Reduce Energy Use, Costs for U.S. Manufacturers, and Boost U.S. Global Competitiveness
- Energy Department Invests $54 Million to Spur Development of Transformational Manufacturing Technologies As part of the Administration's effort to spark a renaissance in American manufacturing, the Energy Department today announced it will invest more than $54 million in 13 projects to develop innovative technologies and materials for the industrial sector. This investment will help to...
- Beyond Bust and Boom - Apr-2012 Beyond Boom and Bust: Putting Clean Tech on a Path to Subsidy Independence, Brookings Institution - April, 2012
- 2013 Honda Fit EV Rated by the EPA at 118 MPGe; Receives Best-Ever Consumption Rating of 29 kWh/100mi The 2013 Honda Fit EV tops all other EV offerings in efficiency ratings, providing the most mileage for your electric dollar
- BYD Wins European Electric Bus Orders for Netherlands Schiermonnikoog An island which is home to the Netherlands’ first National Park is about to launch Europe’s cleanest bus fleet.
- Governor Cuomo Announces Deployment of 325 Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across New York State $4.4 Million Investment Creates New Jobs, Lowers Fossil Fuels, and Cuts Toxic Emissions
- DOE Advanced Manufacturing office: Workshop on Building the National Network for Manufacturing Innovation - Designing for Impact II Workshop on Building the National Network for Manufacturing Innovation Cleveland, Ohio July 9, 2012
- Johnson Controls celebrates World Environment Day by providing free energy efficiency tools New report and tool kit assists all countries in doubling the rate of energy efficiency improvement by 2030
- Siemens acquires Brazilian company for smart metering solutions At the beginning of June 2012, the Siemens Infrastructure & Cities Sector acquired Senergy Sistemas de Medição S.A., one of the leading companies for smart metering solutions specialized in offering software and services for the prevention and reduction of non technical losses in the power distribution grid.
- Energy Department Announces Launch of Energy Innovation Hub for Critical Materials Research U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu today announced plans to invest up to $120 million over five years to launch a new Energy Innovation Hub, establishing a multidisciplinary and sustained effort to identify problems and develop solutions across the lifecycle of critical materials.
- Electric Vehicles Are Paying Their Way Electric Vehicles Are Paying Their Way, Built By Michigan , May 2012
- NRG Investment in California EV Charging Stations to Create More Than 1,500 Local Jobs The planned $102.5 million investment by NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) to build electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure in California will create more than 1,500 jobs in the Los Angeles Basin, San Francisco Bay Area, San Joaquin Valley and San Diego County regions, according to a study by Solution Mountain commissioned by NRG.
- U.S. Deputy Energy Secretary Poneman Announces New Steps to Support Clean Energy Small Businesses Department Announces $11 Million in Energy Innovation Grants to Nearly 70 Small Businesses, Highlights $8 Billion in Small Business Contracts
- EDTA Hosts EVS26 in Los Angeles: EVS is the largest electric drive conference series in the world The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) hosted the 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles from May 6-9. EVS26: Great Minds Think Electric, brought more than 5,000 people from 47 countries, and international press, to California, the largest market for electric drive transportation.
- Worldwide Sales of TMC Hybrids Top 4 Million Units Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announces that global cumulative sales of its hybrid vehicles have topped the 4 million mark as of April 301.
- Energy Department Webinar May 22: DOE Highlights Tool to Estimate the Economic Benefits of Fuel Cell Adoption The Energy Department will present a live webinar on May 22, 2012, featuring a new modeling tool for estimating the economic benefits of fuel cells in early market applications. The tool, called "Job and Output Benefits of Stationary Fuel Cells (JOBS FC): Economic Benefits of Fuel Cells," estimates the number of jobs created by deploying fuel cells in forklifts, backup power, and prime power applications. The webinar will be offered on Tuesday, May 22, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
- EVS26 presentation from DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs David Sandalow DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs on how the US transportation sector depends on oil, the President's plan, the Recovery Act, EV Everywhere, and other Federal programs and initiatives.
- Report 2012: Los Angeles County, The New - May 2012 Los Angeles County: The New Leader in Electric Vehicles, LA County Economic Development Corporation - May 2012
- Opinion: Stop bashing electric cars Note from the editor: this opinion was initially published in Politico . It’s not often that you hear national elected officials and media pundits rooting against a growing American industry — especially when it’s reducing U.S. dependence on imported oil....
- 2012 Mitsubishi i Named a 10 Best Green Car by Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) has seen its breakthrough 100% electric-powered 2012 Mitsubishi receive yet another prestigious accolade with today's announcement by Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com that the Japanese auto manufacturer's all-new EV has made its "10 Best Green Cars of 2012" list.
- Report 2012: Distributed Energy Storage Serving - Feb 2012
- Report 2011: Economic Analysis of Deploying - June 2011 Economic Analysis of Deploying Used Batteries in Power Systems, Oak Ridge National Laboratory - June 2011
- Report 2011: Energy & Resources Predictions 2012 - Dec 2011 Energy & Resources Predictions 2012, Deloitte - December 2011
- Report 2011: Powering Innovation - Dec 2011 Powering Innovation, Next 10 - December 1, 2011
- Report 2011: The Slow Road to Going - Aug 2011 The Slow Road to Going Green, JD Power & Associates - August 2011