"Approximately 86% of a vehicle’s material content is recycled, reused or used for energy recovery" (Automotive Recycling Industry)
"Each year the [automotive recycling] industry collects and reuses or recycles 96% of all lead acid batteries" (Automotive Recycling Industry)
"Steel is recycled at a rate of more than 18 million tons each year from end-of-life vehicles" (Automotive Recycling Industry)
"50% or more of the lithium in [an electric vehicle's] battery can be recycled" (Will Electric Cars Transform the U.S. Vehicle Market?)
"Vehicle production contributes on the order of 10 to 20 percent of overall emissions" (Full Fuel Cycle Assessment)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- GM Reports Operational and Product Sustainability Progress GM CSR: Automaker highlights key initiatives in interim update to report
- Daimler: Sustainability Dialogue 2012 Daimler CSR forum: Daimler maintains a regular exchange of ideas with its stakeholders or stakeholder groups. At the 5th “Sustainability Dialogue” in Stuttgart representatives from non-governmental organisations, associations, labour unions, communities and Daimler debated the company’s important sustainability issues. Corporate Social Responsibility of Daimler Group.
- The new BMW C evolution There have been drastic changes in the requirements for individual mobility concepts, in particular for conurbations.
- Honda to Begin Reuse of Rare Earth Metals Extracted from Used Nickel-metal Hydride Batteries before the End of 2012 Honda Motor Co., Ltd., which has been extracting rare earth metals from used nickel-metal hydride batteries at the plant of Japan Metals & Chemicals Co., Ltd. from April of this year, today announced plans to begin reusing the extracted metals before the end of 2012.
- Second GM Facility Receives ENERGY STAR Certification Energy efficient distribution center also named 100th landfill-free site
- Energy Department and National Park Service Announce Clean Cities Partnership to Drive Sustainable National Parks Efforts to Help Reduce Reliance on Imported Oil, Protect America’s Natural Resources
- Ford Cuts Energy Use 22 Percent; New Sustainability Report Calls for Added 25 Percent Drop by 2016 Ford Motor Company has released its 13th annual Sustainability Report titled “Blueprint for Sustainability: Accelerating Ahead” – a voluntary and comprehensive annual account highlighting all things sustainable, from people to products
- Dow Joins UN to Further Global Collaboration and Sustainable Progress at Rio+20 Dow Commits to Ecosystem Valuation Progress, Engages in Efforts to Further Green Chemistry at United Nations Conference
- Gold for sustainability: Siemens receives highest award from SAM Munich, Germany (June 15, 2012)- Siemens is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) www.electricdrive.org Siemens was named the most sustainable company in its industry at the SAM...
- Siemens Sends Signal of Sustainability at UN-Conference in Rio de Janeiro Statue of Christ glows green with energy-efficient lighting technology from Osram
- Electric Ampera/Volt range extender wins green engine award The range-extending 1.4-liter engine in the Opel Ampera and Chevrolet Volt won the “International Engine of the Year Award” for the best green engine in a field of 45 contenders, the first time in the 14-year history of the awards that a range-extending powertrain has won.
- A123 Systems Introduces Breakthrough Lithium Ion Battery Technology That Optimizes Performance in Extreme Temperatures A123 Systems (Nasdaq:AONE), a developer and manufacturer of advanced Nanophosphate® lithium iron phosphate batteries and systems, today introduced Nanophosphate EXT™, a new lithium ion battery technology capable of operating at extreme temperatures without requiring thermal management.
- Automotive Recycling Industry - 2011 Automotive Recycling Industry: Environmentally Friendly, Market Driven, and Sustainable, Auto Alliance - 2011
- 2013 Honda Fit EV Rated by the EPA at 118 MPGe; Receives Best-Ever Consumption Rating of 29 kWh/100mi The 2013 Honda Fit EV tops all other EV offerings in efficiency ratings, providing the most mileage for your electric dollar
- Johnson Controls celebrates World Environment Day by providing free energy efficiency tools New report and tool kit assists all countries in doubling the rate of energy efficiency improvement by 2030
- General Motors and Enterprise Holdings to Address Corporate Sustainability at Donald Danforth Plant Science Center GM’s Mark Reuss and Enterprise’s Andrew Taylor in Panel Discussion About New Technology, Biofuels, Public Policy Issues
- CODA Automotive Named One of 40 Leading Businesses For ‘The GOOD Company Project’ Project Highlights 40 Midmarket Businesses That are Working Smarter for a Better World
- EDTA Hosts EVS26 in Los Angeles: EVS is the largest electric drive conference series in the world The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) hosted the 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles from May 6-9. EVS26: Great Minds Think Electric, brought more than 5,000 people from 47 countries, and international press, to California, the largest market for electric drive transportation.
- EVS26 presentation from DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs David Sandalow DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs on how the US transportation sector depends on oil, the President's plan, the Recovery Act, EV Everywhere, and other Federal programs and initiatives.
- Ford Launches Documentary Series, Education Push & Electric Car to Help Customers Make Greener Shift Ford is “charging” into Earth Day by launching new initiatives that encourage people to take a more sustainable approach in life year-round with a national electrified vehicle education program, multi-city tour, and the debut of a 10-film, short documentary series with SHFT.com, an award-winning sustainability lifestyle platform.
- Report 2011: Travel 2020 Panel Discussion - Dec 2011 Travel 2020 Panel Discussion: Urban Mobility Trends Driving a New Era of Travel Solutions, Frost & Sullivan - December 2011
- Report 2011: Energy efficiency resource standards - June 2011 Energy Efficiency Resource Standards: State and Utility Strategies for Higher Energy Savings, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy - June 2011