"Plug-in vehicles can be driven for roughly one-third to one-fourth the cost of a gasoline-powered vehicle" (Transportation Electrification)
"Fueling a PEV costs only 3 to 5 cents per mile. In contrast, fueling a gasoline car that has a fuel economy of 27.5 mpg costs about 14 cents per mile" (Plug-In Electric Vehicle Handbook)
"Buying electricity [for an electric vehicle] is approximately equivalent to buying gasoline at $1 per gallon" (Plugging-In)
"If the [electric] vehicle is plugged in every day, as recommended, it may be possible to drive 1,000-2,000 miles or more between fill-ups" (Plugging-In)
"The number of registered [Hybride Electric Vehicles] HEVs in the U.S. grew to nearly 2 million [in 2012]" (State Clean Energy Index)
"Consumers who consider themselves knowledgeable [about electric vehicles] are more than two and a half times more likely to consider an EV than those who believe they know 'nothing' about EVs" (The Shift to Electric Vehicles)
"The average car trip length in the United States is 9.34 miles, within the [electric] range of most PEVs" (An Action Plan)
"Increasing the electricity cost by 100% (from $0.12 to $0.24 per kWh) increases the net present cost of an EV relative to a conventional gasoline powered vehicle by $1,606, but raising gas prices by 100% (from $3.75 to $7.50 per gallon) increases the net present cost of a conventional vehicle by $6,453" (Will Electric Cars Transform the U.S. Vehicle Market?)
"Driving a BEV 12,000 miles per year, as opposed to 6,000 miles per year costs about $1,000 additional in operating costs. By contrast, driving a conventional gasoline powered vehicle 12,000 miles per year, as opposed to 6,000 miles per year costs about $4,000 additional in operating costs" (Will Electric Cars Transform the U.S. Vehicle Market?)
"Some EV cost of operation estimates for a five- to six-year period are up to three times less than those for similar ICE vehicles" (The Shift to Electric Vehicles)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- AAA Plugs in with GoSpaceTM to Provide EV Charging Station Solutions to AAA Clubs AAA is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) http://www.electricdrive.org/ ORLANDO, FL - February 7, 2013 - AAA announced today a new relationship with Electric Vehicle (EV) charging supplier GoSpace LLC. With the goal of meeting the...
- Fuel-Efficient Ford Cars Drive January Sales Increase Car sales up 24%, Best January sales in a decade OAKVILLE, Ontario - February 1, 2013 — A full lineup of cars, utilities and trucks helped Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited kick off the New Year with an 8 per cent sales increase, marking its best January in 10 years. Car sales helped...
- One in Three Europeans Would Spend More for a Green Car Despite Weak Economy, Ford-Sponsored Survey Shows 35 per cent of Europeans would pay more for an environmentally friendly car; even though 71 per cent have reduced spending due to the weak economy*, according to a Ford-sponsored survey of 6,000 people The survey also shows 71 per cent consider fuel-efficiency a major factor in buying a...
- Energy Department, NREL Launch Alternative Transportation Web Tools Compare fuel costs for different fuels with this U.S. Department of Energy web tool
- Austin Energy gets $500,000 to lead alternative vehicle efforts; releases plan to promote plug-in electric vehicles in Central Texas November 27, 2012 -- Austin Energy has received an additional $500,000 in funding from the U.S. Department of Energy to continue to lead plug-in electric vehicle adoption efforts in Central Texas and also to coordinate with natural gas vehicle initiatives. Austin Energy is a...
- Energy Department Announces New Clean Cities Projects to Diversify U.S. Fuel Economy, Prepare for Advanced Vehicles Projects Across 17 States Help Communities by Streamlining Permitting and Training Local Workers
- Richmond NASCAR winner Clint Bowyer launches Toyota Prius Dream Build 'Tekked-Out Prius' Puts Bowyer in Another Chase—to Win Toyota Racing Dream Build Challenge
- Charge up your ride: Toyota offers test drives of Prius Plug-In Hybrid at EV Day at Yonge-Dundas Square in Toronto Want to see – and drive – the future of the automobile, today? Drivers who join Toyota Canada in downtown Toronto on August 12 can do just that.
- Linschoten Crowned Europe's Most EV Friendly Town Linschoten announced as victor of Nissan's 100 day, The Big Turn On Campaig
- UQM PowerPhase Pro® 100 Powering Zero Emission Taxicabs During London 2012 Summer Olympics Iconic London taxicabs include a fleet of zero-emission vehicles used to transport Olympic athletes and dignitaries
- Daimler to present its prize for the best electric drive system for the third time At this year’s “Formula Student Germany” event, Daimler will again present its “Best E-Drive Packaging Award” for an outstanding electric drive solution.
- Early Ford Focus Electric Customer Retraces Historic Road Trip Ending Up at Michigan Assembly Plant Ty Newell of Illinois celebrated becoming one of the first retail customers for the Ford Focus Electric by recreating one of the country’s earliest automotive road trips.
- Nissan LEAF Gets the Blue Light in Portugal Eight zero-emission Nissan LEAF EVs start patrolling Portuguese streets
- Fans of Ford’s ‘Random Acts of Fusion’ Unlock the Latest Details in Breakthrough Transmedia Program With the help of fans of the new Ford Fusion, Ford Motor Company announces that celebrity personalities Joel McHale and Kate Micucci will join Ryan Seacrest in the new, social consumer program “Random Acts of Fusion.” The full story is revealed tonight during a national broadcast spot on FOX.
- Progress Energy Supports Energy Education Through DonorsChoose.org Partnership The Progress Energy Foundation has teamed up with DonorsChoose.org, an online charity, by donating $50,000 to help students learn about energy, electricity, alternative energy and energy conservation. As part of the DonorsChoose.org “Almost Home” initiative, the donation will help fund energy-focused project requests submitted by teachers at public schools within the Progress Energy Florida service area.
- One Million "Turn On" to the Nissan LEAF The Big Turn On, Nissan's ambitious on-line campaign designed to get one million people ‘turned on' to electric vehicles, has hit its target ahead of time.
- Nissan Debuts World's Most Celebrated Electric Vehicle in Australia Award-winning Nissan LEAF goes on sale locally – the world’s first purpose-built, mass-produced, all-electric car
- car2go Continues Expansion in Canada and the USA car2go North America LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, announced today it will expand its carsharing operations in Canada and the United States this summer, making urban mobility more convenient, more flexible, and more widely available than ever before.
- Hybrid Models Have Lower - 17-Nov-2011 Hybrid Models Have Lower Injury Odds Than Their Conventional Counterparts, Highway Loss Data Institute - November 17, 2011
- UQM Technologies PowerPhase HD(R) Electric Drive Systems Selected to Power Boulder EV Delivery Vans for FedEx Express Boulder EV delivery vans will be powered by the just released UQM PowerPhase HD(R) 220 electric drive systems
- Three Toyota Models Selected as Best Family Cars of 2012 Prius v, Camry and Sienna Make the Annual Parents Magazine and Edmunds.com List
- Coming Soon to a Desktop Near you: Electric Vehicle Virtual Tradeshow This virual experience will give you access to download and view videos, product fact sheets and chat with product experts--all from the convenience of your home or office.
- International roadshow with the Golf blue-e-motion The Volkswagen roadshow passes through nine countries, with 24 Golf blue-e-motion vehicles in tow that are designed to prepare various customer groups for the electric mobility world of tomorrow.
- Nissan Canada and PowerStream Demonstrate Nissan "LEAF to Home" charging system for first time in Canada Nissan/PowerStream's V2H technology connects local utility companies, homes and cars in two-way communication to promote sustainable living
- Accessories and clothing to match the fortwo electric drive and ebike: New smart electric drive collection Stuttgart. Trendy design in the unconventional style of the brand coupled with clever ideas and a high level of functionality – these are the features that characterise the new smart electric drive collection that is now available from smart dealers.
- Electric Vehicles Are Paying Their Way Electric Vehicles Are Paying Their Way, Built By Michigan , May 2012
- NRG Investment in California EV Charging Stations to Create More Than 1,500 Local Jobs The planned $102.5 million investment by NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) to build electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure in California will create more than 1,500 jobs in the Los Angeles Basin, San Francisco Bay Area, San Joaquin Valley and San Diego County regions, according to a study by Solution Mountain commissioned by NRG.
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL secures victory with zero emissions The Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL is the best electric car with fuel cell - this is the result of an online survey completed by 18,324 readers of specialist magazines "Auto Bild" and "Auto Test".
- The first fuel-cell buses with hybrid technology go into regular service in Switzerland PostAuto Schweiz AG has become the first company in Switzerland to deploy fuel-cell technology for public road transport.
- OnStar RemoteLink Passes 14 Million Interactions Developers use HTML5 technology to make mobile app available on more devices
- EDTA Hosts EVS26 in Los Angeles: EVS is the largest electric drive conference series in the world The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) hosted the 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles from May 6-9. EVS26: Great Minds Think Electric, brought more than 5,000 people from 47 countries, and international press, to California, the largest market for electric drive transportation.
- Nissan to Produce 100% Electric Van in Barcelona Electric variant of NV200 to launch in 2013
- Worldwide Sales of TMC Hybrids Top 4 Million Units Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announces that global cumulative sales of its hybrid vehicles have topped the 4 million mark as of April 301.
- Electric Vehicles Gaining Momentum and Advocates Electric vehicles are expanding in scope, size, and shape. It’s a transformation that started nearly a decade ago and is just now solidifying. Established car makers like Nissan have invested big because they are confident in an electric revolution.
- Chevrolet Volt Saves Supertanker of Gas More than 40 million electrically powered miles driven
- Great Minds Think Electric The 26th annual Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles (EVS26) is a show completely dedicated to electric vehicles in the newest shapes, colors, and sizes. This year's event was the first time for both the Nissan LEAF and the Infiniti LE to sit side by side.
- 2012 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe Recognized by USAA as a Best Value USAA's 'Best Value' list focuses on cost, safety and reliability
- Fast Track: Electric Car Drivers Invited to Drive Indy 500 Raceway Electric car owners often enjoy fast access to HOV lanes but on Sunday, May 12 they can experience the excitement of driving their car on the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of its EV Rally. The EV Rally is being co-promoted by the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) and its GoElectricDrive.com consumer education initiative.
- Electric Vehicle Symposium to Host Public Day at Los Angeles Convention Center Consumers to Have Opportunity to Drive Latest Electric Vehicles at Electric Vehicle Symposium 2012 at the Los Angeles Convention Center from May 6 - 8, 2012.
- Invitation to Architect of the Capitol Spring Environmental and Energy Showcase General Motors is inviting Members of the House and Senate, congressional staff and others test-drive the 2012 Chevrolet Volt on April 25, 2012 in Washington, DC
- Westport Innovations Inc. and A123 Systems, Inc. Take Advantage of Rapid Growing Electric-Drive Vehicles Market Rising gas prices and an improving economy have led to an impressive surge for hybrid and electric car sales.
- Report 2011: Gobbling Less Gas For - Nov 2011 Gobbling Less Gas for Thanksgiving, Environment America - November 2011
- Report 2011: Unplugged: electric vehicle realities - Sept 2011 Sept 2011 - Report by Deloitte about Consumer expectations for EVs
- Report 2011: Plug-in Electric Vehicle Handbook - Sept 2011 Report: Plug-in Electric Vehicle Handbook for Consumers, U.S. Department of Energy, EERE - September 2011
- Report 2011: Plugging-in, a consumer - 26-Apr-2011 Plugging-in: A Consumer Guide to Electric Vehicles, Electric Power Research Institute - April 26, 2011
- Report 2010: Characterizing Consumers' interest in - 19-May-2010 Characterizing Consumers' Interest in and Infrastructure Expectations for Electric Vehicles: Research Design and Survey Results, Electric Power Research Institute - May 19, 2010