EV Friendly Communities
"Walgreens announced plans to offer EV charging stations at approximately 800 locations across the country" (Walgreens)
"Today, 64% of all travel kilometers made are urban" (The Future of Urban Mobility)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- Toronto Hydro introduces the first urban community energy storage project The Evolution of a Battery - From a Car to Your Home TORONTO - January 21, 2013 - A consortium led by eCAMION Inc. (“eCAMION”) with Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited (“Toronto Hydro”), the University of Toronto, and Dow Kokam LLC has unveiled the first energy...
- Austin Energy gets $500,000 to lead alternative vehicle efforts; releases plan to promote plug-in electric vehicles in Central Texas November 27, 2012 -- Austin Energy has received an additional $500,000 in funding from the U.S. Department of Energy to continue to lead plug-in electric vehicle adoption efforts in Central Texas and also to coordinate with natural gas vehicle initiatives. Austin Energy is a...
- Energy Department Announces New Clean Cities Projects to Diversify U.S. Fuel Economy, Prepare for Advanced Vehicles Projects Across 17 States Help Communities by Streamlining Permitting and Training Local Workers
- CODA Energy Teams up with Stem in Deployment of Smart Energy Optimization System at the InterContinental Hotels of San Francisco Energy Optimization Solutions from Stem Including a Battery-Based CODA Core™ Helps Two Landmark Hotels Efficiently Manage Renewable Electricity Usage and Demands
- Navy Exchange in Bethesda Electrifies New LEED Gold Certified Store with ChargePoint Stations for Electric Vehicles US Navy Exchange EV charging station: First ChargePoint Electric Charging Stations Installed at $52.8 million Facility Serving Military Families including Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Californians to benefit from the Nation’s Most Comprehensive Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Network to be built by NRG and eVgo Californians to benefit from the Nation’s Most Comprehensive Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Network to be built by NRG and eVgo. FERC approval clears path for NRG Energy to turn ”range anxiety” into “range confidence” for electric vehicle drivers.
- City of Ottawa and Hydro Ottawa unveil electric car charging station at City Hall Ottawa – Nov. 1, 2012 – Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson, River Ward City Councillor and Chair of the City’s Environment Committee, Maria McRae and Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hydro Ottawa, unveiled an electric vehicle charging station near the Lisgar Street...
- The Société des Etablissements de Plein Air du Québec joins The Electric Circuit Montréal, October 11, 2012 – The founding partners of The Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with the Société des...
- DOE Clean Cities EV webinar: Promoting Best Practices for Electric Vehicle Charging Signage October’s Clean Cities webinar: The Electric Vehicle Quarterly Discussion webinar, titled, “ Promoting Best Practices for Electric Vehicle Charging Signage ”, is scheduled for October 11 at 2pm ET, 1pm CT, 12pm MT, 11am PT . The webinar will last approximately 1.5 hours and...
- Aéroports de Montréal Joins The Electric Circuit Montréal, September 24th, 2012 – The founding partners of The Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with Aéroports de Montréal. ...
- Club Assist receives The Australian Business Award for Product Innovation Mobile EVSE - Charger The Australian Business Awards are delighted to recognise Club Assist as recipients of The Australian Business Award for Product Innovation for the research and development of the Mobile Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) charger. The achievement of...
- GE Capital Fleet Services Launches New Interactive Website Focused on Alternative Fuels and Sustainability GE Capital Fleet Services today announced the launch of a new eco-focused website that provides access to the company’s depth of knowledge regarding alternative fuels and related sustainable products.
- Linschoten Crowned Europe's Most EV Friendly Town Linschoten announced as victor of Nissan's 100 day, The Big Turn On Campaig
- EV Project offers Free Blink® Chargers to EV Drivers and Commercial Host Sites in Chicago ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today it will offer its Blink® smart charging stations free to residents and commercial host sites of the greater metropolitan Chicago area as part of its expansion of The EV Project, a public-private partnership with the Department of Energy.
- EV Project offers Free Blink® Chargers to EV Drivers and Commercial Host Sites in Atlanta ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today it will offer its Blink® smart charging stations free to residents and commercial host sites of the greater metropolitan Atlanta area as part of its expansion of The EV Project, a public-private partnership with the Department of Energy.
- EV Project offers Free Blink® Chargers to EV Drivers and Commercial Host Sites in Philadelphia ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today it will offer its Blink® smart charging stations free to residents and commercial host sites of the greater Philadelphia area as part of its expansion of The EV Project, a public-private partnership with the Department of Energy.
- OnStar Officially Joins Community of Tomorrow Seeking to learn how Chevy Volt owners operate in sustainable community
- It’s Electric: First 100 Days of car2go Service in Portland - Brings in 6,000 Members and 30 New Emissions-Free Cars car2go North America, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, announced today it has registered more than 6,000 new members for its carsharing service within the first 100 days of operations in Portland, Oregon.
- Duke Energy: Mark your calendar for our first Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Rally! Mark your calendar for our first Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Rally!
- Charging without searching: New car2go charging spots at Amsterdam Q-Park garages car2go today announced that 18 new dedicated electric vehicle charging points are available in three Amsterdam Q-Park garages. After successfully launching car2go in November 2011, more than 7.000 members are using the service for their trips in the Amsterdam city center.
- car2go Continues Expansion in Canada and the USA car2go North America LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, announced today it will expand its carsharing operations in Canada and the United States this summer, making urban mobility more convenient, more flexible, and more widely available than ever before.
- All-Electric Nissan Leaf Sets The Pace at 2012 Toronto Challenge Nissan Canada Foundation proudly sponsors 21st annual 5k walk fundraiser for community organizations
- Cracker Barrel Expands Comfort Zone for Electric Vehicle Drivers New eVgo Chargers at Texas Locations Give EV Drivers More Options
- NRG Investment in California EV Charging Stations to Create More Than 1,500 Local Jobs The planned $102.5 million investment by NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) to build electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure in California will create more than 1,500 jobs in the Los Angeles Basin, San Francisco Bay Area, San Joaquin Valley and San Diego County regions, according to a study by Solution Mountain commissioned by NRG.
- The first fuel-cell buses with hybrid technology go into regular service in Switzerland PostAuto Schweiz AG has become the first company in Switzerland to deploy fuel-cell technology for public road transport.
- EDTA Hosts EVS26 in Los Angeles: EVS is the largest electric drive conference series in the world The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) hosted the 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles from May 6-9. EVS26: Great Minds Think Electric, brought more than 5,000 people from 47 countries, and international press, to California, the largest market for electric drive transportation.
- 2012 Presentation Tiago Farias Lisbon at EVS26 9-May
- EVS26 presentation from DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs David Sandalow DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs on how the US transportation sector depends on oil, the President's plan, the Recovery Act, EV Everywhere, and other Federal programs and initiatives.
- Report 2012: EV City Casebook - May 2012 EV City Casebook: A Look at the Global Electric Vehicle Movement, RMI, EVI, IEA - May 2012
- Fast Track: Electric Car Drivers Invited to Drive Indy 500 Raceway Electric car owners often enjoy fast access to HOV lanes but on Sunday, May 12 they can experience the excitement of driving their car on the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of its EV Rally. The EV Rally is being co-promoted by the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) and its GoElectricDrive.com consumer education initiative.
- Energy Department Announces Up to $4 Million to Develop Wireless Chargers for Electric Vehicles Energy Secretary Steven Chu today announced up to $4 million available this year to accelerate the development and deployment of wireless charging systems for electric vehicles (EVs). Developing wireless charging systems for light-duty EVs could accelerate the adoption of these energy efficient vehicles by making them more convenient to charge, both at home and away. The Administration's investments in electric vehicles are part of a comprehensive strategy to reduce America's reliance on foreign oil and help protect American families and businesses from spikes in oil prices.
- EDTA on Executive Order to Help Bring 1.5 Million Zero-Emission Vehicles Onto California’s Roads “Governor Brown’s Executive Order is a welcome show of leadership in the electrification of the California fleet and will help to speed the deployment of plug-in electric vehicles and public charging infrastructure”, said Brian Wynne, President of the Electric Drive Transportation Association.
- EDTA media teleconference: What Makes an EV-Friendly Community? Feb. 24, 2012 - What Makes an EV-Friendly Community? Electric Drive Transportation Association Says Local Adoption of Electric Cars is Charging Ahead
- Report 2011: Travel 2020 Panel Discussion - Dec 2011 Travel 2020 Panel Discussion: Urban Mobility Trends Driving a New Era of Travel Solutions, Frost & Sullivan - December 2011
- Report 2011: The future of urban mobililty - Oct 2011 The Future of Urban Mobility, Arthur D. Little - October 1, 2011